Friday 1 November 2013

My Christmas Card Challenge #2: Christmas Cards out of Scraps/ Old Stash!

Hi friends! Welcome to my Christmas Card Challenge #2! I've had a great response to my first Christmas card challenge -focus on stamping- (here) and now it's time to begin the second one: Use Scraps/ Old Stash for your Christmas Cards! Both of my challenges run until Christmas Eve and there's a prize for one randomly selected winner in both challenges: It's All About You Stamp Set by Stamplorations.  If you are new to Stamplorations, here's what owner Shery has to say about the company:

Launched in June 2013, California-based STAMPlorations is owned and
managed by husband-and-wife team, David & Shery Russ. We offer cling
rubber stamps, clear stamps, and stamping kits for stampers, card
makers, scrapbookers, mixed media artists, and all crafters. All of
our stamps are proudly made in the USA. Our rubber stamps are
deep-etched and made from high quality rubber, while our clear stamps
are made from the finest, non-yellowing photopolymer resin and they're
naturally sticky. Through our stamp line, we hope to encourage
crafters of all ages and experience levels to "Stamp with all your
ART!". We come out with new stamps approximately every other month.


Now on to fabulous DT inspiration! I'm so happy my blogging friends have wanted to share their talent with us all. These cards sure don't look like they are made out of leftovers! :)

Kylie



Loll


Lynn


Milla


Nonni

I made the stripy background from strips of leftovers and embossed white, glittery Distressed Floral Swirls by Stamplorations on top. I also used a forgotten ribbon and punched flowers and leaves from tiny pieces of paper scraps. I'm entering my card to The Christmas Challenge: Make your own background.

Sandie


Shery


I hope to see you all entering my challenge and inspiring us to make more and more of those Christmas cards that we need to make at this time of year! You may combine my challenge with other challenges and enter as many times as you want. Happy crafting!





10 comments:

  1. All of the cards are absolutely amazing. Thanks so much for inspiring us Nonni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect use of scraps Nonni. This is just perfect!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that background Nonni and how you first added the scrap paper-a really creative idea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations :) I have already shared mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards and I love finding challenges where you are encouraged to use your snippets - thank you for the chance x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nonni. Love your background with the stripes of designer paper, embossed with the gorgeous white flourishes - so pretty!! Your blue-gemmed flowers are so pretty on the doily. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ihana kortti Nonni, tuo väriyhdistelmä toimii aina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I found your challenges - I will enter - love your striped card - thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 19: handmade background, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. Your DT could also link their cards - would love to see them there. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these swirls and the soft blue with the kraft! Such a pretty card, Nonni!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for having this challenge. I found it through an email blog I get from Stamping with Loll. The Design Team have posted some cards I really like and hope to case. Keep up your inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!