Saturday 2 August 2014

Use Markers/Pencils at Inkspirational!


Close Up:


Hi friends!
I've had the privilege to choose the challenge theme for the current Inkspirational Challenge and I chose "Use Markers/Pencils". There's many cool techniques you can use markers or pencils for but my favorite is the old-fashioned coloring in... I love my Copics and I wish I had more time to play with them. Always, after a break, it seems to take more tries to get the images to look the way you want... Even the cutest ones like Henry the Mouse from WOJ! Henry is one of my favorite cute images and WOJ has many Henry themed stamps suitable for adults which I find especially fun. I used this particular Henry for creating a tag for wine bottle. The background is recycled paper from a wine gift bag -it has a photo of wine corks in it. The corks inspired me to go with a monochrome brown color palette with a hint of yellow. I framed Henry with stamps from Papertrey Ink. Not much else was needed for the tag: a doily, some ribbon and pearls were all I added. This will be a fun gift I think!

I hope you'll now head on over to Inkspirational challenge blog for the rest of the DT cards -you'll love them! We have a guest designer too: Greta from GG Creations. She has made a lovely card with water color look -check it out! Have a fun weekend everyone!

I'd like to join:
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.fi/  Anything Goes
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-6/ Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Mielettömän hieno väritys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onkohan ensimmäinen kerta, kun näen WOJ:n ja PTI:n leimoja käytetyn yhdessä :D mutta se toimii todella hyvin! Upea väritys ja hieno tagi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this stamp image before, but oh boy is it cute and perfect for a wine gift. You really do rock the colouring part :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute image, beautifully coloured and such a lovely gift idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea and such a perfect image to match! I love the PTI border you created and it looks fab in the brown. Naturally your colouring is perfect my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So here we plainly see why you chose this challenge - you are an absolute expert at colouring with markers - he could almost jump off the barrel and out of the tag! Love your stamping around him too - great project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute tag, Nonni, sure to bring a smile! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really did enjoy the challenge and you did a fantastic job with your coloring! Seriously a phenomenal job with the shading and a great creative project!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! Your colouring is amazing! This challenge was so up my alley! I love colouring with my Spectrum Noir markers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nonni, your colouring is amazing and your rendition of Henry as a wine tag (brilliant use of the cork-image paper as the background) is a mini work of art! In my books, this is a keeper tag! The details and shading = WOW! Such a fabulous challenge - had me playing with new pencils and NOT fretting about water-colour! A most welcome change!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. That BG-paper is beautiful with this cute- beautiful coloured Henry! Lovely card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Nonni!! Ur coloring skills are way too cool, love this and that image is so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling tag to put on a bottle of wine, Nonni--love your coloring, doily, pearls & use of one of my favorite PTI stamps! Thanks for the kind words--I enjoyed GD for your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool idea to turn the sketch into tags!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the tag is so adorable and great, awesome , thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute!! That stamp is perfect for the wine bottle!! Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. How funny that your name is also Nora N. I don't here that name in the States that much.

    How do you pronounce Nonni? My mother used to have a nickname for me which was pronounced "No-knee." Brings back memories!!

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!