Friday 5 September 2014

Stamps and Markers at STAMPlorations!


Hi guys!
The September Challenge at STAMPlorarions is Stamps and Markers. I use Copics all the time so choosing them would have felt a bit too obvious... So I played with some old Aquamarker pens that I have. The STAMPlorations DT never fails to inspire so be sure to check out everyone's projects. This time our guest designer is the very talented Chris whose Flickr gallery you can check out here.

My card is influenced by this card by my DT friend Monika. After seeing it I was sure I wanted to use the brush stroke stamp (from Celebrate Artsy) in a same way and I chose to pair it with flowers from Bloom Sketches and a sentiment from Boxed Blooms. My twist to Monika's design is that instead of stamping I heat embossed the flowers with white. The brushstrokes are stamped with the aquamarkers and I've added more color to the flowers with the markers, water and a small paintbrush. In other words, believe it or not, I've been water coloring! :) I also heat embossed the sentiment and added a couple of pearls. I hope you like my CASE, Monika!

Before I go, have a look at the stamps sets I used -images are below. Aren't they beautiful? Also, click here for all the challenge info and learn about the fantastic prizes. Have a good weekend everyone and see you at STAMPlorations!

stmp1060.jpeg

stmp1061.jpeg

stmp1053.jpeg

16 comments:

  1. I'm blown-away with how stunning your card is, Nonni! What a wonderful pairing of the stamps, and the colours are absolutely eye-catching! Pretty...I may have to case your case of Monika's card *grin*! Love this!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CASE of Monika's card, Nonni - love the marker-watercolouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herttinen aika, Nonni vesivärittää!! :D Maailmankirjat sekaisin... ;) Olet kyllä monitaituri, kun sekin onnistuu näin upeasti. Kaunis kortti ja ihanat värit, voi että.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Nonni..such a great feel to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the brush stoke stamp to colour your flower stamp- great colours as well... Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great CASE of a great card! May have to CASE you both on it.... Those white embossed daisies on that fab background - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just so stinkin' sweet and gorgeous, Nonni!! I'm going to have to case you and Monika!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Nonni, I thought that was water colour strokes and the added colour really makes the flowers pop x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way of making a BG! Love it and how subtile the flowers look like this; beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love this!! Such vibrancy from watercolouring is amazing - gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow that brush stroke stamp is awesome. What a great way to add wonderful splashes of color. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool card Nonni! Great use of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nonni. I'm speechless and honoured. Love your CASE, it's stunning!!! The white embossing of the daisies works so well and your colours are simply beautiful. Have a fabulous day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!