Thursday 18 December 2014

"Christmas is Love with All the Trimmings" at TIME OUT

Hi friends!
It's time for the last challenge of 2014 at TIME OUT. We have one of our Inspired by Words challenges for you and this time the words are "Christmas is Love with All the Trimmings". Remember you could be inspired of the whole sentiment or choose just one word like "Love". Our DT cas created beautiful samples for your inspiration and we have a guest designer too: Shirley Bee, a FAB, creative stamper and stamp designer. Welcome to TIME OUT Shirley!

My card is super CAS but I like the design I came up with! I bought this deer stamp already last year but didn't quite find a way to make it work (it's rather small) but now I think I found at least one use for it! That made me happy because it's a beautiful stamp. I've simply stamped the image and sentiment to my base card with black Versafine and then stamped the image on another piece of card with green ink... Cut the green image with a circle punch and placed it over the black image with 3 d tape. I also used a Wink of Stella pen to add glitter to the green trees.

By the way, how I was inspired by our sentiment... Obviously I was inspired by the Christmas theme in general... But also the word "Trimmings". Trim the tree! :) I hope you like! Have a good rest of the week and thanks for popping by!

I'd like to enter:
http://casology.blogspot.fi/ Snow (I quite like the way my snowbank is 3d!)
http://inkychicks.blogspot.co.uk/ Winter Wonderland
http://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Nature
http://musecardclub.blogspot.fi/ Inspiration card (below) I was inspired by the layout and "something popping up"!




24 comments:

  1. this is a fabulous design, a great way to make a CAS card more interesting and the snow bank does look amazing in 3d

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great how the green-stamped piece pops up! Beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina (and thanks; your card has arrived!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This scene is too beautiful. Love the slightly rustic feel Nonni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nonni, this is beautiful and so serene! Just the opposite of my Muse card.... Love that "spotlight"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Nonni - really crisp and elegant CAS design. Love the spotlight on the beautiful deer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous spotlight card! Great interpretation of the Muse inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Gosh. I love this!! It's the perfect CAS design and the spotlight technique works so well! I love bothe the forest with the deer stamp and that sentiment stamp. Gorgeous!! I may need to CASE this! :-). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought at first this was a one layer card. I love that spotlight technique you used for the deer, Nonni! This card makes me sigh -- perfectly CAS. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever interpretation of the Muse and a very clever use of the spotlighting technique! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Nonni!! Your card is amazing. I love how you trick our eyes with the trees and the pop of color. Clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful card Nonni and the pop of colour looks amazing! Merry Christmas to you and your family - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh what a great effect on the image!!! fantastic!! and it is all the more striking as the card is cas, it's fabulous!!! perfect winter card! thank you so much for sharing at Love to Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW! I love this technique, the green really pops against the black ink...so cool! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is exceptional and an incredible design. I'm so 'pinning' this for future inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous and that spotlight technique works fabulously with this image! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, Nonni ... such stunning use of spotlighting with this gorgeous image! It's all the more special as I have it here IRL ... thank you so much! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your CASology win -- very clever card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your spotlight card is spectacular, Nonni! Your execution is impeccable!! Congratulations on the win at CASology!! Happy Holidays! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your win at CASology! Love your clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Nonni...your card is clever one...great idea with thar spotlight and the green is really pop on your card..clever Snow card and adorable CAS design...want to say also Biv congrats on being the winner Nonni...luv your card...hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big congrats I mean...its not so easy writing on my mobile phone LOL...Merry Christmas n Happy Holiday Nonni....

      Delete
  21. Hi Nonni, came across your blog through your CASology winning piece. I love this idea! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!