Tuesday 6 January 2015

Guest Designing at CASology!


Näytetään Week 128 - Date.jpg

Hi guys!
I'm very honored to guest design at CASology today. CASology is one of the coolest challenge blogs around and I can't believe I won there a couple of weeks ago. Thank you so much Melissa for inviting me to join this week's challenge and Happy 2015 to everyone in CASology design team!

I wanted to have a go with stenciling in my card. I used a bold patterned Simon Says Stamp stencil I hadn't had a chance to use yet -my goal was to try to make the big patterns work in my CAS design. I figured that if I use the patterns sparingly and stick to a simple color palette I might make it work!

I die cut the tag out of a bigger piece of card I had previously sponged with 3 red inks (combo of DI:s and Mementos) and water stamped with the same stencil. That turned out nice! The silhouette stamp in my card is from the Ever After set by STAMPlorations and the sentiment is from a PTI set.

In the card base I masked a strip from the edge and sponged the stenciled design with black Memento ink. The tag is attached with 3d foam stickers for dimension. I only added a piece of ribbon to keep the embellies at minimum.

I hope you think I succeeded in making the bold patterns work for CAS... And I can't wait to see the different interpretations on the DATE- cue card! Thanks again Melissa and CASology DT for having me!

21 comments:

  1. Hieno edelleen! Onneks olkoon GD pestistä!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have you as GD this week! Love the boldness of this card - great use of a stencil on part of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Nonni, so great to have you with us as GD this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the fabulous silhouette image. Great take on the inspiration cue word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card works so well! Love how you only stenciled on part of the base, and how the stencil is echoed on the tag. I'm pinning this to remember to try it some time. Wonderful CAS card, still with lots of interesting details. Thanks so much for joining us this week as Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on GD and such a fabulous bold pattern and provides a stinning contrast with pink x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nonni, this is so sweet! Love the silhouette and the stenciling. Thank you for being our guest this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nonni, this is CAS with a bold flair! Love this beauty!!! Thank you so much for joining us as guest designer this week! You knocked it out of the park! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your GD spot, Nonni ... what a fabulous card ... elegant and stylish with a touch of playful ... wonderful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great to have you join us Nonni! i love your CAS style and you are a GEM designer for Stamplorations!!! Lovely FUN sweet card, AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nonni!! Nice to met you!! I love your card. I totally adore your tag and your interpretation of the cue word is dead on. The two people look like they are really enjoying their date. I have to give that stenciling a try. I like how its on one side of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nonni, your card is gorgeous! I love the pop of pink from your beautifully inked and stenciled tag and that silhouette is so much fun! So glad to have you as our guest designer this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Simply stunning

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing card Nonni! You really made the large pattern work on this CAS beauty!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the GD! And I love the bold stencelling! This was the card that my eyes where drawn to immidiately on the blog....! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on ur Guest design ! Fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being GD over at CASology, and your card: STUNNING! Perfect take on the prompt....love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super sponging/inking, Nonni! Love the black and pink color combo. Your GD spot at CASology is so well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nonni, you definitely succeeded in making a CAS card even using a bold background design stamp! Brilliant! So wonderful having you as a guest designer at CASology this week...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks great! The bold pattern stands out but doesn't overwhelm. Congrats on your guest spot! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nonni Congrats on being Guess DT...your card last time was so clever...and this time too...bold background is successed yeah you rock and the black one is clever...love your interpretation and lucky you to have this lovely stamp from Stamplorations...hope you can hop this time to my blog because I just join the DATE challenge too..see you soon sweet Nonni and happy New Year to you...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!