Saturday 26 September 2015

New Challenge at Inkspirational!



Hi friends!
We have a new challenge for you at Inkspirational: a very fun, autumnal photo inspiration. Lots of directions to go here... The colors, the couple, the dog, the leaves... I decided to be inspired of the leaves and the overall autumnal feel of the photo which I tried to capture in the colors I used. My mum asked for a blingy birthday card with lots of details for her friend and I hope my card covers her wishes... There's quite a lot of dimension in this card: first of all the the dry embossed bg and then the round, raised center panel (I used fun foam to lift if from the card base) and the die cut, golden leaf is also raised with 3d dots. I've also done some stenciling for the panel. I think this card is a bit busy... But not too bad. ;) I've been having a huuuuge crafter's block lately and this card I really enjoyed making so that's something, right? I was reading an old issue of The Card Maker and there was an article about some crafter (the name escapes me now) and she wanted to send greetings to all readers that we shouldn't worry too much about the design of the cards we make or some faults that we are not too happy with -the recipient of the card will anyway be pleased to get a hand-made card. This is something I'll try to keep in mind from now on. :)   

Our guest designer this time is Jen aka Magic Flying Boots and I absolutely adore her card -it really reflects the inspiration picture! The regular DT members of Inkspirational have done amazing job as always as well so don't forget to visit everyone and leave some love. I hope to see you joining us! 

8 comments:

  1. I agree with the reader we shouldn't worry too much about our cards being perfect, everyone loves a hand made card. I think your Mum will be pleased with this. I love the dimension in it and all the texture. I have a gold leaf I die cut weeks ago sitting on my desk, perhaps I should have a go at making a more fancy card as it doesn't seem to work with CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom and, in turn, her friend, will adore your card, Nonni! It's gorgeous, filled with rich details and pretty 'bling' in a most beautiful harmony! Thank you for sharing the advice from the magazine, as many are the days that I want to throw my hands up in despair because my cards seem so inferior to those others create. Limited supplies (and nowhere to shop, except online, which means shipping...), a narrow range of skills (I just don't 'get' water-colour or embossing...), limited imagination (I 'need" challenges to spark ideas...): those are but a few of the paths I wander that bring self-doubt. Of course, I keep creating, and keep 'trying' to learn new things, mainly because I have the support of an amazing team here, as well as the smiles that appear when my cards are given to people. Our home-made cards do make a difference...and thank you for reminding us of that! Hope you're doing well and remember: YOU are awesome!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - the blingy golden leaves are beautifully offset by the rich, warm colours from your stencilling - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design and such pretty details especially I love the glittery leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's how I like to think about it too, a handmade card even with slight mistakes or unevenness is much better than a plain mass produced store bought one. That being said I think your card looks very well designed and love the effect of the raised parts and all the golden colors and shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gorgeous fall themed card. Marvelous texture and love all the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic glitter, fall leaf! The sequins also set off the sparkle and I am always a fan of a good doily!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you textured background and that gold glitter leaf is wonderful! Great card, Nonni! I'm sure your Mom and her friend will adore it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!